Are You a CATCH?
We can always use more professionals and local advocates who want to make a difference in children’s lives at the American Family Children's Hospital (AFCH). Annual CATCH memberships are $100 or choose a family membership for just $150. Every dollar benefits patients and families through programs at AFCH. All new members who sign up have the added benefit of an extended membership through the following year for the price of a yearly membership.
- Served over 1,800 family meals to family members staying with patients in the hospital (as of August 2016)
- Provided over 200+ volunteer hours at AFCH (as of August 2016)
- Host the annual Tyler's Place Sibling party each April for siblings of hospitalized patients
- Plan a festive carnival with fun games and prizes at AFCH for patients and families each spring and fall
- Fund important programs at the AFCH such as:
- Inspiration Beads for neurology patients
- Therapeutic Art Cart
- Enhanced the services provided at the Positive Image Center
- Trach Buddies - Provides medical play and support for patients with a tracheostomy
- Massage Therapy Program - Supports kids with chronic pain or other difficult circumstances who cannot find relief using traditional pharmaceuticals
- Child Life Program in the Emergency Dept - Provided services to 200+ children in 2016. When a child arrives in the ER dept, they are thrust into an unfamiliar environment which can lead to crying, fussing and tantrums. This fear can make proper treatment a difficult task for providers. Child Life Specialists and their services help make the child and parents' time as stress-free as possible. This leads to better care and treatment of the child.
Engage in hands-on volunteer work at AFCH.
Participate in AFCH volunteer opportunities that are only available to members of CATCH.
Be a part of community leaders.
Collaborate and build meaningful connections to enhance your network.
Join the LinkedIn group for CATCH to gain connections with other professionals.
Attend exclusive member-only events featuring presentations from physicians or researchers.
Make a difference in the lives of patients and families in your community through philanthropy.
Enhance existing programs and provide financial support for the creation of new ones.